The Minnesota Department of Education will host a series of Town Hall events presenting and soliciting public comment on the first draft of the revised academic standards in science. In addition to public events in communities around the state MDE staff will also hold an online event November 20th. The list of events includes Moorhead, Rochester, Duluth, and other communities. All events are 5:30 – 7:00 pm and will be led by MDE staff. The Town Halls will include general discussion of the draft and may provide an opportunity for individual entries into the online feedback survey. Bring a laptop or tablet, if available, to use the survey. MDE will be using an online form to collect comments so participants are encouraged to bring a laptop or tablet to the events.
- Moorhead: Nov. 12, Horizon Middle School West, Media Center
- Rochester: Nov. 12, Southeast Service Cooperative, Cedar Room
- Roseville:Nov. 13, Minnesota Dept. of Education, Conference Center B
- Mankato: Nov. 14, Intergovernmental Center, Mankato Room
- Duluth:Nov. 20, UMD, Alworth Hall, Planetarium, An optional demonstration of the
planetarium will follow the meeting.
- Online: Nov. 20, 8 – 9 am.